The new nmidAgent remote poller plugin for Cacti has moved into Alpha phase. Testing has started at a customer site with good results being reported so far.
Current functionality includes:
– Syncing master server with remote pollers
– Assign devices to remote pollers
– Retrieve data from remote pollers (Pull mode)
– Transfer data from remote pollers to master server (Push mode)
Future updates will include:
– SSH based syncing (currently only direct SQL connection supported)
– RSYNC based sync with remote pollers ( scripts/plugins/templates …)
– Though data consistency checks
– Enhanced configuration for remote poller ( e.g. how long to keep data )
– Alerting in case of failures
– Failover capabilities
Head over to the contact form if you have any inquiries or want to be part of the alpha/beta testing phase.