CereusAgent v1.03 has been released. This new exciting addon for Cacti allows you to create as many stand-alone pollers as you require while being able to centrally manage these. No permanent connection is required after the initial configuration/setup so you can place a poller on a customer site ( e.g. SOHO, remote offices ) and collect the data once a week.
We are excited to announce our upcoming Cacti® plugin is coming along nicely!
This new plugin will allow you to setup distributed Cacti pollers or “agents” with a central data aggregation and presentation server.
Remote pollers are using an on-demand mechanism to transfer polled data without the need to create NSF shares or permanent SQL connections to the Master system.
Features of this plugin:
- No polling required from the master server ( though possible )
- Distributed/Decentralized polling
- Re-use of cacti internal functions
- Remote poller still collects data even if no connection to Master servers exists. Data will be transferred at a later time.
- All plugins work as designed on the master AND slave systems (thold, Reportit, CereusReporting …. )
- Different polling times possible ( Master: 5 minutes, Slave 1: 1 minute, Slave 2: 5 minute, RRD file update on master: Every 30 minutes )
- Data consistency/safety done using SQL methods/functions
Stay tuned and register for the newletter !